If you have been to a coffee shop lately, or the candle section of Target or Home Goods, you know that pumpkin season is upon us. With all these pumpkin patches around town and pumpkins just waiting to be picked by the perfect families, it is time to get into the Halloween spirit! The spooky festivities are endless in Mission Viejo, so make sure to take advantage of as much as you can before the month is over!
Remember that Halloween is the month of candies. If you and your family are going to be eating buckets of candy, remember to maintain good oral hygiene still. Brushing after every meal and sugary snack will help prevent cavities. If you are on the go and plan on eating chewy candies, try to take floss with you, so you can get the candy out from in between your teeth.
Halloween Parties and Events
Whether you decide to attend an event or have a party at your own home, there are plenty of fun activities to partake in! If you choose to have some festive drinks or even dark sodas, try to use a straw or take your reusable straw! Using a straw helps to limit staining on your teeth when you are drinking dark-colored fluids. Now let’s get into the events!
- Trunk or Treat at the Mount of Olives on October 25th from 6-9 pm. All are welcome and invited to wear costumes for trick-or-treating at this event. It is free, and there will be carnival games and treats. Located at 24772 Chrisanta Dr. Mission Viejo, Ca.
- Haunty Halloween with Jack and Sally takes place on October 26th from 3-6 pm. There will be family fun that includes balloon art, face painting, seasonal crafts, a DJ, and dances performed by costumed characters. Located at 27741 Crown Valley Pkwy, Mission Viejo, Ca.
If you are interested in a little spooky fun, then a haunted house or a Halloween inspired activity could be an excellent idea for you.
- Prism Haunted House takes place on October 18th, 19th, 25th, 26th, and 31st. This Haunted House is back again but with better scares and a laboratory gone wrong. There are 7+ rooms and special effects for you to enjoy! The haunt is free and is open those listed nights from 7 pm to 9 pm. Located at Prism Haunted House 24465 Chamalea Drive Mission Viejo, CA.
- Magical Fall & Halloween Fairy Home Building Workshop takes place on October 26th from 10 am to 12 pm. Each participant gets to build their own personalized fairy home, dining table, and unique accessories for their fairy! Space is limited, so make sure to pre-register. You can register at their website, click here. Located at 27301 La Paz Rd, Mission Viejo, Ca.
- Halloween Edition Wednesday Night Fun Run takes place on October 30th. The run goes to the Aliso Creek Trail for about an hour or less, and people run 4 to 6 miles. After the run, there is a costume contest and potluck. Located at A Snail’s Pace Running Shop at 24451 Alicia Pkwy, Mission Viejo, Ca.
- Via Estella Murder House takes place on Halloween night and is a free event. Freddy, Jason, Mike, and Leatherface have decided to take over a home for Halloween night only. There are two lines you can enter! A no scare line and a scare line, this means that all can go and still enjoy the haunted home. Located at 23611 Via Estella Mission Viejo, Ca.
We hope you enjoy our list of spooky festivities that you can check out this Halloween season. At New Generation Dentistry, we have our dentists ready to answer your questions if needed! If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call! If you are ready to make your next appointment, you can visit our website.